India made its first direct India-Nigeria Air Bubble flight to Nigeria on January 01, 2020.
- “Glad to facilitate the first India-Nigeria Air Bubble flight of 2021. APK 7804/7805 LOS-DEL-LOS @flyairpeace flight on 31 Dec/01 Jan carried a total of 535 pax. We thank authorities on both sides and shall continue to facilitate seamless travel. 🤝 ”
What you should know
- In November 2020, the Indian High Commission in Nigeria facilitated Delhi-Lagos-Delhi air bubble flight.
- India created an air bubble arrangement with Nigeria in September 2020.
This was disclosed by the High Commission via its Twitter handle on Sunday. It explained that,
- “The Transport Bubbles” or “Air Travel Arrangements” are temporary arrangements between the two countries aimed at restarting commercial passenger services when regular international flights are suspended as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- They are reciprocal in nature, meaning airlines from both countries enjoy similar benefits.”